Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Title and its meaning

I had a huge struggle in my mind over title. Even now I feel it is not the best because there is a little nonchalance in it. It might still change. But here were my thoughts behind the title:

1) First impression of the movie - tells the genre
Our movie first half I felt has some curiosity and interesting moments - it later becomes musical and serious - showing the waiting of the girl, boat scene, final wait scene etc.

2) Placement of the title and impact on the mood of the audience when it comes -
If the title is in the beginning the it should actually be a little fun so that it bumps up the mood and curiousity. If it comes at the end, then it should be the saar of the movie, should bring a lump on the throat maybe.

3) Relevance to the story
What is our story about. Philosophically it is about hope and living in the moment. At the story level it is about the mud being sent. For TT his son has merged with the mud after his death. I feel if we place the movie's title at the end then it has to be philosophical but if it is at the beginning then it can just talk about the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment